Choosing the right nutrition can be a confusing thing. At the end of the day, we must choose what feels good to us. It is important that you are aware that NUTRITION is the most important thing in our diets. Consuming nutrient dense foods is what will help us achieve the best health and vitality. I’ve created a summary of FACTS to consider when choosing our foods.
Things to keep in mind:
- No single diet is right for everyone. Diets are sophisticated and we all have different needs.
- The majority of our diets only consist of foods with a caloric value and some macronutrients. Most of the time we are missing out on nutrition.
- We also need superfoods and supplements aka “medicine” and super-herbs in our diets. These are the keys to longevity.
- Superfoods help ensure you are getting enough minerals and other macronutrients required for optimal function of the body.
- Super-herbs are what help build immunity. They are the weaponry that helps stack the odds in our favor for being able to protect ourselves against diseases and illnesses related (mostly) with aging, particularly calcification in the body.
I can’t tell you what “diet” is right or wrong for you, only you can decide what is right or wrong for you. Your personal diet is going to depend on your own personal needs, being informed/aware of the different diet modalities and the pros and cons of each. As you develop yourself as a student you start finding your own answers and you start developing your own momentum. Request a consultation and/or seek help from professionals that can help guide you in your journey of self-discovery.
The ideal percentage of foods we should be consuming:
- 80% plant-based: Fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, flowers, herbs, superfoods, seaweed, grass, fermented, etc.
- 10% from the animal kingdom: Do not over consume. Choose meats and animal products that are not commercialized and conventionally, farmed and processed. Ideally, meat and dairy should be farm raised and organic. Beef should be grass feed and chicken should be anti-biotic free, hormone free and farm raised. Dairy can be raw and organic bought from a local farm. If you are vegan or vegetarian, it’s recommended you learn and aware of the nutrients you are missing. (See below)
- 5% mushrooms: Medicinal mushrooms like reishi, saga, great mushrooms and more. They give us the nutrition that we need.
- 5% from the insect kingdom: Honey is the most popular.
If you choose to be vegan or vegetarian, these are some things you should consider:
- There is a 10% of nutrition you’d have to make up for. Nutrients found in animal products that you’d be missing.
- Make sure you supplement protein, vitamin b-12, and vitamin k-2.
- Raw dairy and real grass-fed butter are alternatives to gain those nutrients without killing the animals.
In Conclusion, the human race consists of all different types of people with different eating habits and it will always be that way. At the end of the day to each their own. We do the best we can and encourage each other to be the best we can.
Wishing you much health and happiness,